Welcome to Samurai Training Academy
Our main instructor, Bob Lowry, has been training in Japanese Martial Arts since 1991. Our head instructor, Shihan Yoshikazu Nakamura, has been training since the age of 3 (since 1958), he is responsible to carry on the art for his family. Our head instructor lived in the United States for 20 years, teaching his art to a select few. He has returned to Japan to continue raising his daughter and growing his student base in Japan while Bob continues to grow the student and studios in the United States.
Lauren Johnson is a long time student of Bob Lowry and Shihan Yoshikazu Nakamura. After Bob Lowry moved to Colorado, he gave ownership and control of the DC location of Samurai Training Academy to her. She formed DC Samurai Training Academy LLC with Adam Fries as a cooperative of local Bushinkai International instructors to operate the DC location under the continued technical guidance of Shihan Yoshikazu Nakamura and Renshi Bob Lowry.
Come and be a part of a traditional martial arts studio that has been carrying on the art since the 7th Century, become a Samurai.
- Kids Karate: Tues and Thurs at 6:pm
- Young Samurai (Kids Karate and Jujutsu, by invitation only): Mon and Wed at 5:45pm
- Sword: Mon and Weds at 6:30pm
- Adult Karate: Tues and Thurs at 6:30pm
- Adult Jujutsu: Tues and Thurs at 7:30pm
- Kids' Karate Session 1: Tues and Thurs at 5:15pm; Kids' Karate Session 2: Tues. and Thurs. at 6:00pm
- Young Samurai (Kids Karate and Jujutsu, by invitation only): Mon and Wed at 5:30pm
- Bushido (Kids Karate, Jujutsu, and Sword, by invitation only): Mon and Wed at 6:30pm
- Adult Sword: Mon and Wed at 7:30pm
- Adult Karate: Tues and Thurs: at 6:45pm
- Adult Jujutsu: Tues and Thurs at 7:45pm